Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Bleeding Session

This happened a couple of years ago, I was like 4 years old. I had slept over my grandma's house for the weekend. Grandma was doing laundry and it was a Saturday. I was so hipper I started running back and forward through the curtain. So I didn't realize that the stick for the curtain holder was getting lose. Grandma screamed and said ELIZABETH QUEDATE QUIETA!! so I stopped for a couple of minutes and went back to running. Then I looked back at my grandma then all of a sudden I feel something drop on my toe. I looked back and my foot, it was bleeding! I thought it was a regular cut, but no. I walked into the kitchen to show grandma what had happened. Grandma said WHAT HAPPENED? I said the curtain holder fell on me. Then she started screaming ANA MARIA , LINO, JULIO and MARIH! Then they had to take me to the hospital immediately. They toke me to the ER. And they had to attend me immediately. The doctor said I had to get stitches. When grandma heard I had to get stitches she contacted my mom, contacted godmother. Then everyone was there. I was so scared. Next thing you know i am in a room with a bed, a doctor, and a bunch of operating utensils. I started to cry when the doctor cleared out the blood with alcohol. Not that i wasn't crying before. 2 hours later operation's over , the doctor wraps a type of paper around my toe and gives my mom a type of soap for my foot. And til this day I remember.

8 comments:

  1. LOL... That was a great story I loved it. I can see your Grandmother saying all those things. Keep up the good work and let me know when you put up more.

    Love,
    ~Berky

    ReplyDelete
  2. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LIZ.


    LOVE
    NATE

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great--I love the title the best! I'm a friend of Ybi's down in Texas. When you've got a few more, I'll have to share your stories with my students down here. They'd love to hear about normal life in NYC. Keep the great stories coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, this is another Liz. Also in NY, I'm Nat's friend. Excellent blog idea. I look forward to many more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I work with your Tia Ybelka, and she's always talking about how bright you are. I love your story! I can relate. When I was about your age, I was running after my sister and I banged my toe into a metal shelf and had to get stitches. I still have a light scar! Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz great stuff keep on writing and inspiring us! I had the wonderful opportunity to see and meet Julia Alvarez the Arthur of "How The GarcĂ­a Girls Lost Their Accents and In the Time of the Butterflies". One thing she shared with us was that we should follow our “curiosity” it will open our eyes to new worlds….keep writing…love Osmary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liz. Thanks for sharing your blog address. I enjoyed your story and am looking forward to reading more! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth!! I am so excited to tell everyone that we officially have an author in the family. The story had it all- suspense, humour, and a happy ending. I laughed, I cried (because I could relate to feeling scared) all just in a few short minutes. Keep practising your talent. One day we will be seeing your books turn into movies!
    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete